- New Arrivals
- Online Store
- Pedals & Accessories
- Store News
To view Sommatone Amplifiers for sale click here
About Sommatone Amplifiers
Sommatone started in 1994. Initially, it was a part-time venture, more of a hobby for a few musicians who enjoyed experimenting on their own equipment. As our customer base grew, we realized that we were offering something different than other shops, so in 2001 we opened our doors full time.
Our philosophy is simple – focus on tone with an unrelenting passion for detail. From basic repairs to custom mods, we cater to the person who wants to get the most from their gear. And because we’re musicians, we understand the difference between an amp or guitar that “works” and one that sounds and plays great.
Creating amazing tone is not a mystery. It is possible with the right combination of components and equipment. We believe that 80% of a player’s tone comes from their hands, the remaining 20% is created by great gear which can inspire you to take your playing to the next level.
As I’ve been a musician for more than 30 years, my musical tastes have gone through many phases. Growing up I listened to bands like Kissand Led Zeppelin. Then in my teen years, I got into heavier stuff like Metallica and Slayer. In my 20s, I began listening to Eric Johnson, SRV, and Hendrix which led me to the great players that influenced them, people like Albert King, Buddy Guy, Freddie King, and Robert Johnson. Now, although I can appreciate many musical styles, I play and listen primarily to blues, rock, soul, funk & R&B. I’ve played in several bands through the years, I currently play with the band Wiser Time.
To view our current stock of Sommatone Amplifiers click here